Mostra Scambio - Pen Show di Firenze
18 Maggio 2024 - Ippodromo del Visarno, piazzale delle Cascine 29

Good morning to you

Sei appena arrivato? Presentati e facci conoscere le tue preferenze in fatto di... penne!!
Peningeneer
Touchdown
Touchdown
La mia penna preferita: a fine mono fibre pen
Il mio inchiostro preferito: soft sharp pointy pencil
Misura preferita del pennino: Extra Fine

Good morning to you

Messaggio da Peningeneer »

…wherever you are, there is a good morning around within less than 24 hours.

During the years 1978 and 1983, I worked as an ingeneer for a German pen company when I developed the inner workings of fountain pens as well as other pens and their manufacturing methods. That’s a long time ago, however, I noticed that the working principles, the law of physics, have not changed much since then.

After those five years, I moved on to exciting ventures in the medical industry and later into teaching, where I was liked by my students, but I didn't get along with administration. The latter has not changed.

Honestly, I don’t know anything about the innumerous models of fountain pen products or their manufacturers, history by numbers and names has never been my forte.

Joining this forum, I look forward to participating in light-hearted discussions on “How does it work?” or “How can it be improved?” and “What about this idea?” These questions tickle my 77-year-old grey cell, and they giggle. I love writing and fixing things, and am still a bit of a Tango dancer.

For over thirty years, I live in Brisbane, Australia, (Bonney Avenue in Clayfield). You live around the corner? How nice! Give me a tinkle and let's meet for a cuppa!

Concluding with the words of another “Nuovo Utente” -- “pugliamix” - an Asterix follower I presume:
"…(people) look at me with some concern, but I am fine.

I think."
DRJEKILL
Levetta
Levetta
La mia penna preferita: Alla continua ricerca
Il mio inchiostro preferito: Alla continua ricerca
Misura preferita del pennino: Stub
Good morning to you

Messaggio da DRJEKILL »

You are very welcome!
"L'umorismo non ha prezzo"
TOTO'
Esme
Collaboratore
Collaboratore
La mia penna preferita: Aurora 98
Il mio inchiostro preferito: Herbin Poussièr de Lune
Misura preferita del pennino: Fine

Good morning to you

Messaggio da Esme »

Ciao Peningeneer,
anch'io sono molto felice che tu ti sia unito al nostro forum.
Siamo geograficamente quasi agli antipodi, ma guarda che meraviglia possono fare le passioni e la tecnologia.
Attento, perché come viene detto a tutti i nuovi iscritti, questo forum è pericoloso: fa nascere tutta una serie di scimmie... (questa espressione sarà capibile anche in Australia?)

Hello Peningeneer,
I too am very happy that you have joined our forum.
We are geographically almost on opposite ends of the spectrum, but look at the wonder that passions and technology can do.
Be careful, because as all new members are told, this forum is dangerous: it breeds a whole range of monkeys... (will this expression be understandable even in Australia?)
"È tutta colpa di Esme" [Bons]

"Sarò più entusiasta di incoraggiare il pensiero fuori dagli schemi quando ci saranno prove di un pensiero all'interno di essi." [sir Terry Pratchett]
Peningeneer
Touchdown
Touchdown

Good morning to you

Esme ha scritto: mercoledì 13 aprile 2022, 11:24
Be careful, because as all new members are told, this forum is dangerous: it breeds a whole range of monkeys... (will this expression be understandable even in Australia?)[/color]
Thanks, Esme, for your warm greetings. Yes, I am looking forward with much joy to participate in whatever is on offer.

It is not an expression comparable with Australian. I assume it means "it breeds crazy people".
and I may need to warn you, I am surely not straight forward. :lol:
Esme
Collaboratore
Collaboratore
La mia penna preferita: Aurora 98
Il mio inchiostro preferito: Herbin Poussièr de Lune

Good morning to you

Messaggio da Esme »

Aehmm... "avere la scimmia (sulla spalla)" era usata una volta per indicare gli alcolisti che bevevano sobillati da una scimmia malefica. Poi il termine è stato usato per l'assunzione di stupefacenti: essere in scimmia significa essere in astinenza e volere un'altra dose.

Ecco: questo forum fa spuntare piccole scimmiette sulle nostre spalle che ci sussurrano: "prendi un'altra parker 75*, hai visto che tutti la vogliono, non lasciarti scappare quella con un diverso pennino".

*Esempio COMPLETAMENTE d'invenzione, eh!

Aehmm... "having the monkey (on the shoulder)" was once used to refer to alcoholics who drank under the influence of an evil monkey. Then the term was used for drug taking: to be on the monkey means to be in withdrawal and want another fix.

Here it is: this forum has little monkeys popping up on our shoulders whispering: "get another parker 75*, you've seen that everyone wants it, don't let the one with a different nib get away".

*COMPLETELY inventive example, eh!

PS per i perfetti bi/tri/enne-lingui del forum: se nella traduzione in inglese scrivo boiat... stupidaggini, avvisatemi. Ho studiato francese. L'inglese... esistono i traduttori automatici.
"È tutta colpa di Esme" [Bons]

"Sarò più entusiasta di incoraggiare il pensiero fuori dagli schemi quando ci saranno prove di un pensiero all'interno di essi." [sir Terry Pratchett]
Ottorino
Tecnico - Moderatore
Tecnico - Moderatore
La mia penna preferita: Doric donatami da Fab66
Il mio inchiostro preferito: colorato brillante o neronero
Misura preferita del pennino: Stub
FountainPen.it 500 Forum n.: 096
Fp.it ℵ: 022
Fp.it 霊気: 022
Good morning to you

Messaggio da Ottorino »

I suspect you're the guy who wrote the site where I learned a lot on angle of contact and ABS etching.

A warm welcome and a long lasting stay.
C'è rimedio ? Perché preoccuparsi ? Non c'è rimedio ? Perché preoccuparsi ?
Un bel panorama si vede dopo una bella salita
nello56
Tecnico
Tecnico
La mia penna preferita: quella rimessa insieme da me
Il mio inchiostro preferito: Diamine Violet o 4001 Nero
Misura preferita del pennino: Italico
Arte Italiana FP.IT M: 056
Fp.it ℵ: 056
Fp.it Vera: 056
Good morning to you

Messaggio da nello56 »

Mr. "Amadeus W. Ingeneer" it's a great pleasure for me meet you in our forum... after I read your works some years ago.
It's a very interesting job! (Thanks for it)

A great Welcome!

Nello
reedpen
Touchdown
Touchdown

Good morning to you

Messaggio da reedpen »

Welcome to the forum! :wave:
piccardi
Fp.it Admin
Fp.it Admin
La mia penna preferita: Troppe...
FountainPen.it 500 Forum n.: 001
Arte Italiana FP.IT M: 001
Fp.it ℵ: 001
Fp.it 霊気: 001
Contatta:

Good morning to you

Messaggio da piccardi »

Un caloroso benvenuto anche da parte mia!

A warm welcome from me, also!

Averti qui è un piacere, ho trovato gli articoli che hai pubblicato di grande interesse, oltre che molto chiari e dettagliati; è stato un piacere leggerli, e lo sarà altrettanto leggere i tuoi interventi qui.

Having you here it's a pleasure, I found the articles you published detailed I found the articles you published very interesting, as well as very clear and detailed; it was a pleasure to read them, and it will be a pleasure to read your interventions here.

Simone
Questo è un forum in italiano, per pietà evitiamo certi obbrobri linguistici:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3123
e per aiutare chi non trova un termine:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1758
Golia
Levetta
Levetta
Good morning to you

Messaggio da Golia »

You are very welcome! :wave:
BP
Peningeneer
Touchdown
Touchdown

Good morning to you

Esme ha scritto: mercoledì 13 aprile 2022, 20:51 Aehmm... "avere la scimmia (sulla spalla)" era usata una volta per indicare gli alcolisti che bevevano sobillati da una scimmia malefica. Poi il termine è stato usato per l'assunzione di stupefacenti: essere in scimmia significa essere in astinenza e volere un'altra dose.

Ecco: questo forum fa spuntare piccole scimmiette sulle nostre spalle che ci sussurrano: "prendi un'altra parker 75*, hai visto che tutti la vogliono, non lasciarti scappare quella con un diverso pennino".

*Esempio COMPLETAMENTE d'invenzione, eh!

Aehmm... "having the monkey (on the shoulder)" was once used to refer to alcoholics who drank under the influence of an evil monkey. Then the term was used for drug taking: to be on the monkey means to be in withdrawal and want another fix.

Here it is: this forum has little monkeys popping up on our shoulders whispering: "get another parker 75*, you've seen that everyone wants it, don't let the one with a different nib get away".

*COMPLETELY inventive example, eh!

PS per i perfetti bi/tri/enne-lingui del forum: se nella traduzione in inglese scrivo boiat... stupidaggini, avvisatemi. Ho studiato francese. L'inglese... esistono i traduttori automatici.
ah, yes, now I remember. In German we have monkeys... meaning being heavily drunk. Or to have a hangover is a tomcat. If someone plays up, being crazy, he is bitten by a monkey, and when you are surprised you exclaim: now the monkey is delousing me.
Peningeneer
Touchdown
Touchdown

Good morning to you

Ottorino ha scritto: mercoledì 13 aprile 2022, 21:31 I suspect you're the guy who wrote the site where I learned a lot on angle of contact and ABS etching.

A warm welcome and a long lasting stay.
:D That's quite possible. Do you know, the website's content is now available as an Ebook? :geek:
Yes, I am looking forward to engaging conversations. :wave:
Peningeneer
Touchdown
Touchdown

Good morning to you

nello56 ha scritto: mercoledì 13 aprile 2022, 21:44 Mr. "Amadeus W. Ingeneer" it's a great pleasure for me meet you in our forum... after I read your works some years ago.

A great Welcome!

Nello
Thank you for your greetings. :wave: and your appreciation. If you have time, pay me another visit. I added a chapter on the "Cap" and an explanation for the spelling of ingeneer.
Peningeneer
Touchdown
Touchdown

Good morning to you

piccardi ha scritto: mercoledì 13 aprile 2022, 22:52 Un caloroso benvenuto anche da parte mia!

A warm welcome from me, also!

Averti qui è un piacere, ho trovato gli articoli che hai pubblicato di grande interesse, oltre che molto chiari e dettagliati; è stato un piacere leggerli, e lo sarà altrettanto leggere i tuoi interventi qui.

Having you here it's a pleasure, I found the articles you published detailed I found the articles you published very interesting, as well as very clear and detailed; it was a pleasure to read them, and it will be a pleasure to read your interventions here.

Simone
Thank you, Simone, for your warm welcome and your bilingual message. Besides of ordering meals, my Italian has shrivelled a lot, therefore, I depend on the accuracy of the automatic translator. :roll:

Thank you, for the praise of my website. Some of my chapters have been initiated by discussions on other forums, in particular the one on flex nibs. There is more to write, but nothing beats the inspiration I receive by engaging with other people with the same interest. Two years ago, a reader had suggested typesetting the website - he has done all the work! - and it is completed now.
Furthermore, there is a chapter in the pipeline on cartridges. When I started, I didn't know there was so much to say about them, and I have no idea when it will be completed :lol:
Amadeus W.
nello56
Tecnico
Tecnico
La mia penna preferita: quella rimessa insieme da me
Il mio inchiostro preferito: Diamine Violet o 4001 Nero
Misura preferita del pennino: Italico
Arte Italiana FP.IT M: 056
Fp.it ℵ: 056
Fp.it Vera: 056
Good morning to you

Messaggio da nello56 »

Peningeneer ha scritto: lunedì 18 aprile 2022, 2:15
nello56 ha scritto: mercoledì 13 aprile 2022, 21:44 Mr. "Amadeus W. Ingeneer" it's a great pleasure for me meet you in our forum... after I read your works some years ago.

A great Welcome!

Nello
Thank you for your greetings. :wave: and your appreciation. If you have time, pay me another visit. I added a chapter on the "Cap" and an explanation for the spelling of ingeneer.
I had seen this new chapter (about the cap), thanks. I'm reading it right now ... very interesting!
I will also read the explanation about the Ingeneer (in Italian: ingegnere). :)

Avevo visto questo nuovo capitolo e lo sto leggendo proprio ora. Molto interessante! Leggerò anche la parte relativa alla spiegazione dell'Ingeneer!
Rispondi

Torna a “Presentazione dei nuovi iscritti”